Topics for the week of 4/24/17
- Students completed the Ecology Unit and have begun the Classification Unit!!!!
- See Classification Tab on this Blog
- Cornell Notes (created using Chapter 17 Section 1 and 2
- See the Link for the text be prepared to review Monday
- Key concepts in the Classification Unit: Dichotomous Key, Virus vs. Bacteria, Key distinctions in each Kingdom (DKPCOFGS), Scientific Names.
- Classifiction overlaps into Evolution; Cladogram (practice)
- Evolution Topics: Evidence of Evolution, Natural Selection
Topics for the week of 4/17/17
- Monday and Tuesday students will REVIEW content from the Ecoloyg Unit,
- Students who scored greater than 80% on the Ecology Pre-Assessment ewill be given an extension activity and EOC review.
- Tuesday students will be given the opportunity to retake the Genetics Test for 70%. (during tutoring)
- Wednesday, Students will have the opportunity to go to Sweetwater Park and work with Comarda on the Biology and Art (Ecology Art Project)
- Thursday Vocabulary Quiz #11 will be given and students will revisit Begin Evolution Unit. (RESCHEDULED Due to Ecology Testing)
- Thursday and Friday students may take the Ecology Post-Test as they move on to the Evolution Unit content.
Topics for the week of 4/10/17
- Monday and Tuesday students will present their genetic disorders (powerpoint and body biography.
- Wednesday Vocabulary Quiz #10 will be given and students will revisit Genetics topics
- Flipnobs, Biology and Art Project and Genetics Test Remendiation
- Genetics EOC Practice Questions
- Thursday and Friday students will begin the Ecology Unit